Thursday, March 23, 2017

My (almost perfect) Middle

If you know my blogs, you know we have three children who are finishing up college or have completed college.  As I have said, not one of my children has even close to the same personality.  God wants parents to celebrate and rejoice in their differences and not to suppress them. Even if that were NOT my way of thinking....these three would have whipped me into their individuality pronto!  With the exception of my sweet Faith.  


God gave us a boy, a girl and a boy.  She is the creamy middle for sure.  Faith Nicole Gregg born on March 10, 1994 at 10:28 in the morning.  My angel baby (which she hates to be called, but agrees with every word)  Not to say there have NOT been times I have wanted to wring her neck, but I honestly cannot think of one time she has been grounded, or that I have taken something away from her.  She has plenty of flaws as we all do, but her little heart just aims to please and serve others.  

She is goofy, clumsy, beautiful, tall, and has a wonderful smile.  She is brilliant, kind, LOVES JESUS, and loves others the way Jesus does.  Faith is a master at her job and completes anything you ask of her with skill and precision.  She is adventurous (like me) and calm like her daddy.  She fights for others being wronged, prays for the hurting and goes out of her way to make you feel loved and appreciated.  However, she is moody, a hypochondriac, and has a bit of an attitude when she is tired.  Talk about your heart walking around outside your body!  When she leaves for Africa for her job my heart crumbles... But to know your child is doing what she loves, and making a difference you can SEE........... WOW, get on that plane baby!
Faith was always a dancer.  Always.  She picked it up with ease, and she was really good because she worked hard.  She was on the Varsity Pom Squad in high school and in The Company at Ballet Lubbock. Those were some of the most fun times of our lives.  We had baseball games and football games, piano recitals, soccer, etc. etc.  but when she danced we melted.  Esp her daddy....

The most trouble this child ever really got into was ONE time talking in her kindergarten class, she got a warning.  And that warning sent her into a tailspin of ugly crying!  Mrs. Taylor had to call me and have me come up there to tell Faith it was going to be alright.  She was devastated and never got in trouble again. EVER. I almost wish she had so I could have grounded her and we could have spent time together.  But no. She was no push over either.  That girl loves fiercely like her momma but when she gets treated poorly over and over she also, unfortunately, becomes her momma.  We have a friend that always tells her, "less mom, more dad".  I hate him. But unfortunately, he is probably right. (SIGH)
The biggest problem we had with this child was her self-esteem.  Granted she was Homecoming Princess for her most of her high school years, front and center in the most coveted part of the annual nutcracker seen by 4000+, front and center on pom squad, teachers loved her, boys wanted to date her, but girl were mean to her.  They thought she was fake sometimes.  It broke my heart but also made me want to go beat up their mothers. That is reality people! We fought this all through junior high and high school, but thank The Lord she kept busy with dance.  That is so important moms!  Not to be so busy that you cannot find family time, which was that way for us during The Nutcracker season, but busy enough for your daughter to not be consumed with social media, her phone, texting, snap chatting, and tweeting.  Kids are cruel and especially teenage girls.   Plus, Faith was in dance and she was good.  So, she was praised for her hard work and dedication.  That made a difference in her self-esteem and we made it through without me losing my temper in hurting someone! I Peter 3:3-4 says: Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. 


Trust me, I am NOT the "my child never does anything wrong."  I raised two boys who book ended this child. I have marched up to a school more than once to lay a paddle to a backside because I didn't think the principle would hit them hard enough!  But this little doll never did much but love others.  If you look at her Facebook or Instagram you won't find parties or drinks or dirty words.  You will find smiles, and friends and travels.  She did everything right and we gave her as much as she deserved.  She has been to the Galapagos Islands, studied ballet at the Kansas City Ballet, danced with The Rockettes in New York for a summer intensive, studied abroad in Ireland for a semester, worked on the United Nations Team and competed in New York for Texas Christian University, worked at Pine Cove Christian camp for several summers and traveled with them, even to South America.  She never lets an opportunity to go on an adventure pass her by and I love that about her. She has been to Spain, Paris and many other places.  Her job allows her to be in Dubai and Zambia several times a year.  She is living the life that God intended her to live and my heart could explode at the love I feel for this child.  


She has a wonderful church in Ft. Worth and this is what her weeks look like.  Praising Jesus with friends in a community group which she helps lead.     Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way she should go and when she is older, she will not depart from it.  (Thank you Jesus)





 
She is grateful, thankful, and joyful and whatever God has in store for her life is going to be AMAZING.  Just so you don't think she is absolutely perfect let me tell you one of her largest flaws:  WEB M.D.  If she gets a cough, she has the flu.  If she has a rash it could be a blood disease.  A bruise, the Black Plague.  Her having children should be so much fun!  For her husband.... 


                             I love you Angel Baby




No comments:

Post a Comment