Friday, April 21, 2017

Confidence in Christ

I have been thinking about the things in which I am confident:  my faith, my marriage, the love of some people in my life (some family and some friends), and I am confident in death followed by eternity in heaven. I used to be confident in so much more!  I was confident I could run 10 miles, go days without sleep, remember things, and fit into a size 2.  Boy are those days G.O.N.E. I barely want to drive 10 miles, I can't function if I don't sleep, I should wear a name tag just to remind myself of who I am, and a size 2?  But my confidence is still BIG...

Ephesians 13:6  So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

Proverbs 3:26 For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidence is defined in Webster's as "the state of feeling certain about the truth of something". The scientific community of JAMA doesn't "truly understand confidence and hopes to do more research in the future."    But I don't need research, I have Jesus!  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

However, there is a difference in what the world feels confidence is about and what I view as being confident. The things I am confident about cannot be seen, held, or put in a box.  Confidence in the world looks like medals, trophies, expensive cars, homes and toys, It looks like extravagant vacations, beautiful appearances and big paychecks.  So, basically what the world would call success can also be perceived as confidence.  Here is the problem with that "confidence", it can be taken away.  In one swoop a tornado, a fire, someone smarter than you coming along or the firing from a job and BOOM....confidence squished!  My husband is quite successful, but I do not look at our life as valuable.  I do however, look at him as a MAN OF VALUE.  He knows we could lose it all in one day, and that is why his confidence is in Christ alone.  

  I hope you have, at some point in your life, received a love letter. (I have a box full of them from my husband)  Love letters assure us that others care for us deeply and it is a wonderful thing to know. If you have ever read First John in the New Testament, you know it is a love letter from God giving you great confidence in His love. If I John 4:16-18 were written as a love letter it would look like this:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Child
I want you to know you can rely on my love.  Why?  Because I AM LOVE. If you live with me in your heart, you cannot help but love. Because of that, love is made complete in you. You can be 100 percent CONFIDENT of my love for you.  Because of that perfect love, we will be together forever. Never be afraid that I will not love you.  That would be impossible!  If you allow yourself the CONFIDENCE of my love, you will never be afraid to lose it.  

My love for you is perfect, God

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is love.  SO BE CONFIDENT
He is the beginning of love. SO BE CONFIDENT
He is the Creator of love. SO BE CONFIDENT
He is the definition of love.  SO BE CONFIDENT
  And of God's love there is no end.  SO BE CONFIDENT!


 Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment